Thursday, April 10, 2014

Answered Prayers...

What started out as a rough day and evening was turned around with some spiritual music.  I realized the self pity and low self esteem I was feeling was a quick attempt by the devil to bring me down.  Cause in the midst of all of this he has his reasons...

Danielle and I lead a small group(bible study) through our church.  Last spring we did a study based through the book "Sun Stand Still"  by Steven Furtick.  The idea was Steven, at a very young age, took the start of a church out of his garage in a very tough area to 2500 in a very short period.  He was called to do the impossible through God, and prayed for a call to action that would in itself be as great as making the sun stand still.  We were all challenged internally to have a sun stand still prayer and movement. 

I prayed God take a deep passion of mine(Motocross) and turn it into something for his glory.  I was quickly moved to change my way of simply trying to lead a prayer at the riders meeting before races to working towards starting a devotion time at the races.  I was also moved to lead these devotions myself with some encouragement of others through our church and small group.  I was having some pretty good success I thought, reaching on average 10-12 individuals and connecting with some younger individuals even outside of devotions.  My prayer was slowly being answered...or so I thought. 
You see my Sun Stand Still prayer was for God to do something great through my passion.  But what I thought was great was just the beginning, and I believe the Devil worked his way to thwart this Sun Stand Still prayer with my accident this winter(which consequently came shortly after one of our devotion sessions).  I'm sure he thought (or hoped) I would spite God for my accident and his lack of protection in my attempt to serve him, to Satan a quick turn to depression would seem a reasonable example and very human.
But through Christ my Sun Stand Still Prayer is now being answered, and the faith in him and his strength through this journey is something I can share on a higher level now.  He has always been with me through hard times in the past and I have that same faith stronger then ever that he will turn this to his glory.  Deuteronomy 23:5 (thanks pastor Hines) promises to turn these curses to blessings for us.  He has strengthened my faith and justified my faith and reminds me of this in Romans 5:1-5(thanks Steph). 
 
So tonight I was down, the devil tried to plant his seed.  But a song reminded me of God's glory in my sun stand still prayer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2PNTq_-mZs (a little girly, I know, but great lyrics).  I have faith the Lord has a plan, and as promised in Matt. 7:7 my Sun Stand Still Prayer will continued to be answered, in his way and his time.

No comments:

Post a Comment